It's the perfect time of year for everything-of-squash! Hence this simple (not to mention easy on the eyes) spaghetti squash recipe created by Amber of the Fettle Vegan food blog. Only seven ingredients and a little more than an hour of prep/cook time and you've got this incredible, delicious, and filling masterpiece. It's downright tummy-rumbling, if you ask us. Enjoy!
1 medium-sized spaghetti squash
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup basil, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice the stem off the top of the squash, then slice in half lengthwise.
3. Remove squash seeds and innards. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over each half, then sprinkle each side evenly with minced garlic.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of tomato sauce into each half, then top each side evenly with sliced cherry tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
5. Cover in aluminum foil, place on baking sheet, and bake for 50-60 minutes until mixture is bubbling and squash is fork tender.
6. After baking, use a fork to toss squash pasta and tomato basil mixture together; while still in the halves.
7. Plate pasta and sprinkle with basil.
For more warming winter recipes visit FettleVegan.com.