We're keeping it light, simple, and healthy this week! This quick and easy appetizer recipe will likely be one you'll want to make again and again. Carrots of course are incredibly healthy, boasting loads of vitamin A, C, and K as well as being high in fiber, a great source of antioxidants, and full of iron and potassium. Lightly seasoned and roasted, this dish is great for summer picnics, group outings, or even roasting on the grill! Try this out with some of your other favorite veggies too. Enjoy!
1.5 pounds heirloom rainbow carrots (regular orange carrots work great, too!)
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil (or coconut oil)
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
Fresh thyme, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 420°F.
2. Wash carrots and remove any green tops.
3. Chop larger carrots in half lengthwise, and lay the carrots on a lined baking sheet.
4. Drizzle carrots with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper overtop.
5. Use your fingers to gently flip the carrots, covering them as evenly as possible with the oil and spices.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Carrots will be done when they are fork tender and beginning to brown.
7. Remove from oven, sprinkle with thyme, and serve immediately.
Find more fantastic and simple vegan recipes at FettleVegan.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!