How about we shake up this winter wonderland with some light, healthy, salad-loving shall we?! Though it might not seem seasonally 'appropriate' we just couldn't resist the sound of this light and refreshing quinoa salad from the Fettle Veganfood blog. Given that quinoa is *packed* with healthful nutrients, is high in fiber, protein and amino acids, essential minerals, and antioxidants—we felt the need to share after all the holiday indulgence (we've enjoyed). Add some of your own flavors, mix things up, and have fun with it. Weeee!!
3 cups cooked quinoa
1 heaping cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 cup cucumber (sliced and chopped)
1/2 cup radishes (diced)
1/2 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped basil
2 lemons, freshly squeezed (about 1/3-1/2 cup juice)
2-4 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 cup vegan cheese crumbles (give Teese Mozzarella a try)
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
2. Set quinoa aside to let cool completely before mixing in the veggies.
3. Once cooled, toss in tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, green onions, parsley, basil, lemon juice, and olive oil. Toss to combine well.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the vegan cheese crumbles and then toss gently to incorporate.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve (leftovers save well in sealed container for 3-4 days).
Find more healthful vegan recipes check out FettleVegan.com.