Here's one to add to your recipe folder! This dish is relatively quick to prepare, you can experiment with making your own hot sauce (see link below) and add in your own spices and mixed veggies to totally customize to your taste buds. Plus, it looks seasonally yummy with its fall color scheme and all, so that's pretty cool too. Enjoy!
3 bell peppers, each one halved and seeded
1 cup cajun rice
2 1/4 cups water (or vegetable stock)
2 vegan sausage links, diced
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning (optional)
1/2 cup white onion, diced
1/4 cup green onion, dinced
1/8 cup shallot, diced
1/8 cup parsley, minced
*If you'd like to make your own hot sauce aioli CLICK HERE for instructions*
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
3. Bake peppers uncovered for 5 minutes, without stuffing.
4. Cook rice (in the water or veggie stock) according to package instructions.
5. Saute the diced vegan sausage, onions, and shallot for 6-8 minutes. Season to taste, as needed.
6. In a large bowl fold in the diced onion, parsley, and sausage into the rice.
7. Fill each pepper with rice mixture, pressing down and packing lightly.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, covered.
9. Serve warm, topped with the hot sauce (or your favorite sauce), and any extra green onions.
For more fun fully vegan recipes visit ThePlantPhilosophy.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!