What the heck are zooldes, you ask? Good question! "Zoodles," affectionately named by Margaret of The Plant Strong Vegan food blog, are raw noodles made from zucchini using a spiralizer. They're naturally gluten-free, absolutely delicious, and healthy! Don't have access to a spiralizer? Not to worry; click HERE to watch a short video about other ways to "noodle-ize" your veggies. Mix and match your favorite veggie or stir-fry ingredients and have so much fun with this one. Noms away!
2-3 large raw zucchini, spiral cut
2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
2 cups broccoli, florets
1 1/2 cups shredded broccoli, carrots, & purple cabbage slaw
6-8 white button mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup Korean BBQ sauce (try Saffron Road brand)
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 Tbsp. coconut oil (or olive oil if you prefer)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 avocado, thinly sliced for a topping
salt and pepper, to taste
Hot sauce and sesame seeds, for a topping (optional)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat sautée onions and garlic for 1 minute in oil
2. Add brussels sprouts, flat side down, sautée for another 6 minutes.
3. Add remaining vegetables (not including the zoodles) and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Mix in the sauce and turn off the heat.
5. Let sit while assembling the bowl. Start with a base of the zoodles. Evenly divide the stir-fry mixture and top with avocado slices, hot sauce, and sesame seeds.
6. Serve warm and enjoy!
Find more delicious vegan recipes at ThePlantStrongVegan.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!