This one pretty much talks for itself: seasonal, healthy, packed with potassium and fiber, and perfect for holiday get togethers or home-style meals. Enjoy!
2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
Vegetable stock, as needed (in place of oil)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups vegan meat crumble (try Simple Truth Meatless Crumble)
2 cups mixed vegetables
2/3 cups yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp. shallot, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
4 russet potatoes, peeled (about 4 cups diced)
1/3-1/2 cup non-dairy milk, as desired
1/2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and prepare the squash (wash, dry, de-seed).
2. Roast squash, cut side down, for 40-55 minutes.
3. In a large pot add diced potatoes, fill to top with water, and bring to boil. Cook until tender (about 10-12 minutes).
4. In a large skillet over medium heat cook onions and shallots, using the vegetable stock as needed to avoid sticking.
5. Add in the veggies and meatless crumbles. Cook for another 10-12 minutes.
6. Drain and mash the potatoes with non-dairy milk, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
7. Once squash is done, stuff each half with about 1/2 cup of crumble/veggie mix and top with a scoop of potatoes.
8. Bring over to a broil and bake the stuffed squash until golden brown on top. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve hot!
Find more awesome recipes at ThePlantPhilosophy.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!