Here's one to definitely add to your recipe folder! It's relatively quick and easy, particularly if you've got the ingredients on hand, and good for you. Did you know that millet contains high levels of B-vitamins, calcium, iron, potassium, and more? It's great stuff. Mix it with your favorite veggies and you've got an easy meal. Enjoy!
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 of a small onion, finely chopped
1-2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1/2 cup millet
1 medium-sized zucchini, cut into chunks
juice + zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, left whole or cut in half
1 Tbsp. tahini
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
pinch of ground black pepper
1. Add a splash of water (or veggie broth) and saute garlic and onion over medium heat in a saucepan, until onion is translucent.
2. Stir in the millet and cook for another minute or two.
3. Add the vegetable broth and zucchini, bring to a boil, then turn down heat.
4. Cover pan and simmer the millet for about 25 minutes, or until tender (not mushy).
5. Remove from heat and stir in the tahini and the remaining ingredients. Serve with additional lemon, sliced cucumbers, and warm pita bread or other condiments of your choosing.
Find more delicious and simple vegan recipes at AnUnrefinedVegan.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!