Oh yes, we're about a month away from summer—perhaps it's time to start thinking about cookouts and some fantastic recipes to share with friends, yeah?! Check out this awesome Fiesta Burger recipe from the Fettle Vegan food blog. It features the latest craze in vegan burgers, by Field Roast (as well as their popular cheese, Chao). As always, feel free to sub for your favorites and/or what's available to you. Hooray!
2 Field Roast Hand-Formed Burgers (or your favorite cruelty-free burgers)
1 slice of your favorite non-dairy cheese (try Chao Tomato Cayenne by Field Roast)
2 focaccia buns, sliced
1 large or medium poblano peppers
2 cups shredded purple cabbage
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegan mayo
1-2 Tbsp. hot sauce
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Roast washed, halved, and seeded peppers on a lined baking sheet for 15-25 minutes, until the skin gets bubbly and brown. Remove from oven, let cool, and peel off bubbly skin, set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl toss together cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
3. In a small bowl combine mayo, hot sauce, and paprika. Stir well to combine.
4. Heat a teaspoon of oil over medium heat in a large cast-iron pan. Fry Field Roast patties until crisp and browning on one side. Flip burgers, toss on a slice of vegan cheese, and let burgers cook until equally crisp and browning on the bottom side.
5. While the burgers cook, slather bottom patties with about 2 Tablespoons of the hot sauce mixture. Top with the cooked burger and melty cheese, then layer on the roasted poblano peppers, cilantro lime cabbage mixture, and sliced avocado.
6. Spread top bun with a bit more hot sauce (if desired), add top bun to the pile and enjoy!
Find more fantastic vegan recipes on FettleVegan.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes toFacebook,Twitter, and/orInstagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!