Rule numero uno in "the book of vegan" is to have your go-to, simple, quick, and easy tofu scramble recipe. Therefore, we were pleasantly surprised when we stumbled upon this great vegan scramble recipe from the Fork And Beans food blog. It only takes 10 minutes to whip up and the best part is you can get totally creative and add all kinds of spices, veggies, and plant-based meats to make it completely unique. Every vegan should have their favorite tofu scramble recipe in their back pocket for those lazy Sunday mornings or potluck brunches with friends. Start with this one and then make it your own. Enjoy!
15 oz. firm tofu
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
3 Tbsp. vegetable broth
vegan butter for cooking
1. Drain tofu from the water it's contained in, via the packaging.
2. Heat a medium nonstick skillet (or a well greased pan) over medium-high heat.
3. Add a dollop of vegan butter to the pan.
4. Add tofu and spices together. Using a spatula, cut up the tofu in the pan into scrambled pieces.
5. Once incorporated add the vegetable broth (1 tablespoon at a time) bringing the broth to a boil and allowing it to fully absorb into the tofu each time.
6. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Find more delicious vegan recipes at ForkAndBeans.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!