Perfect as an appetizer, a side, or a snack, you may want to add this maitake mushroom crostini recipe to your recipe folder. Aside from being quick and easy to throw together as a whole, maitake mushrooms are great for the immune system and lowering blood sugar levels. So this one is also a healthy one to have on hand!
6 slices of ciabatta bread, 1/4" - 1/2" thin
1 1/4 cups dried maitake mushrooms, rinsed and trimmed well
2 cups water (to soak mushrooms)
2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, woody stems removed
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1. Rinse and trim the maitake mushrooms and in a medium bowl soak in 2 cups of water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Slice ciabatta bread and drizzle slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and broil on low until golden brown.
3. Remove from oven and set aside.
4. Over medium/high heat in a large saute pan add 1 teaspoon olive oil and baby bellas. Saute until golden brown, add maitake mushrooms (cutting larger pieces to bite size if needed). Saute for about 2 minutes and add oregano, cook for 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat and top each crostini with 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture.
6. Sprinkle each crostini and mushroom set with salt. Serve and enjoy!
Find more great vegan recipes on SundayMorningBananaPancakes.com.
(Photo by The Little Ferraro Kitchen)
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!