Have you gone pumpkin picking this year? It's the season for pumpkin-everything and that includes warm, hearty soup like this delicious one from the Sunday Morning Banana Pancake foodie blog. Enjoy with a side of warm garlic bread for dipping and you can't go wrong; perfect for a few meals for one or one meal for many. Enjoy!
1 small onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, scrubbed and chopped
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 15 oz. can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 15 oz. can of white beans, drained and rinsed
6 cups water (or vegetable stock)
2 tsp. ground cumin
Salt, to taste
Pepitas, cumin, and salt, to garnish
1. Over medium-high heat, in a medium soup pot, drizzle oil of choice and add onion, carrots, jalapeno, and garlic. Season with salt and cook for 1-2 minutes until onion begins to turn translucent.
2. Add canned pumpkin, beans, and cumin. Season again with salt, if desired.
3. Add water (or vegetable stock) and stir.
4. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until silky smooth.
6. Ladle into bowls and top with pepitas , cumin, and salt if desired.
Find more awesome seasonal recipes at SundayMorningBananaPancakes.com.
Have you been making these recipes? We'd love to see!! Post your Meatout Mondays-made recipes to Facebook,Twitter, and/or Instagram; tag FARM and use #MeatoutMondays so we can find you! Yay!!